The first thing that comes into my mind when I hear “Clipboard Evolved” is a game – obviously, we’re talking about Bungie’s Halo: Combat Evolved here. Anyway, since no Halo for iPhone has been released yet, as far as I know, we’re going to leave games aside and talk about Clipboard Evolved, a clipboard manager for Macs.
Mach Software Design’s flagship product, Clipboard Evolved, just got a new version, bringing the current release to “age” 2.27. This program is extremely ease to use, comes with a great interface, and offers a few times as many way to get the clipboard data as needed by any “normal” Mac user.
Its feature highlights include the following:
- Fully customizable appearance and behavior
- New Quick Paste window feature
- Record your clipboard history with sophisticated memory options
- Support for plain text, rich text, images, files, colors, and more
- Access your data through keyboard combinations, drag and drop, right-clicking, double-clicking, menu bar access, and more
- Multiple Clipboards with their own sets of clipboard data, as well with their own appearance and behavior
- Three different window modes to choose from: Default window mode, Dock window mode, and the new Grid window mode
- Hot keys to access Clipboard Evolved from anywhere in the system
- Lock Items you don’t want modified
- Stunning animations using Core Image
Priced at $15.00, this clipboard manager requires Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or higher, 64 MB of video memory, and 5 MB of hard disk space. The best part of all – Clipboard Evolved (I nearly wrote Combat Evolved, but I avoided doin’ it in the last second, haha!) comes for both PowerPC and Intel Macs as a Universal Binary.
To buy Clipboard Evolved, just go to the official purchase page on its producer website. Pheew, another one without having to go to the App Store. Doesn’t it ring any bells in Cupertino?